Sunday, August 19, 2012

An invitation to a mystery

I've received an invitation to participate in a collaboration effort from a madman of South African origin.  I've agreed to do it because the nature of the collaboration is off the charts.  Lunacy, as far as I'm concerned is an admirable trait.  Instead of giving me the format up front and well explained ... I'm left to find clues, and then act upon them.  Mr. Darkes obviously doesn't know I can't find my ass inside a paperback with a set of deer horns.  So, I'm putting you on the pot.  Here is the opening salvo of the story.  An actual invitation for my character, Alex Perez to join him, Mr. Darkes at a certain place.  Can you read the invitation and tell me where in thunder I'm supposed to meet him? 
The Invitation
Mr Alex Perez
Magnolia Texas
USA.
Monday August 6th 2012
Darkes Quests International
Yacht Sea Shoes
Tuzi Gazi Marina
Umhlatuze
KwaZulu Natal
South Africa.
Dear Mr Perez,
Thank you for submitting your resume and your request to join the next expedition under contract to be undertaken by Darkes Quests International.  We have pleasure in confirming that we have reviewed your application and wish to inform you that your application has been approved by my client subject to you submitting yourself to a trial and presenting yourself at the destination which you must identify and which forms part of your first test.  I shall be waiting for you, every night whilst I assemble the team, in the last booth, facing the entrance to the main seating inside the club, with a Chameleon on my shoulder and a tall glass of Castle Stout in front of me at all time. You may choose to believe I am TEAZING you but I assure you, on the life of the late Lolly Jackson, who was my personal friend, that we are not TEAZERS but deadly serious.  In addition to this, since Lolly left his legacy at several venues bringing life and relaxation to those oppressed by beauty, you may need to find a Crescentfield of Aloes and a Springfield in which to Park your Office in the city which was named after Sir Benjamin d'Urban and now has lost its name to its new rulers.
You may also find it useful, in order to prepare yourself for an ordeal by pole, to join the select group at the meeting place, before you set off in order that your credentials may be prepared in advance. Finally, more more requirement, critical to your trial, your test and your initiation. If successful in identifying the meeting venue, you will need to enter the country and arrive at the destination without alerting the authorities to your identity, presence or anything which may link you to my client or to this quest. You shall be required to convince me of this feat and tell me how you achieved it before I will allow you to attempt the next part of your initiation and application.
Fraternal regards
Don Darkes
Don Darkes. CEO Darkes Quests Inter national.     
Any help with this irritable riddle is welcomed. - Alberto at home in the comfort of his office.

No comments:

Post a Comment